Recruiting Timeline and Information
- Complete your FAFSA starting October 1.
- Research, create a list, and begin application process for the following grants:
- Federal Pell Grants.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants
- Academic Competitiveness Grant
- SMART Grant
- File Financial Aid Forms by January 1st
- Apply to at least three schools and inform your school counselor
- Keep up with admissions standards—make sure you know which schools have set application deadlines and which offer rolling admissions and whether they have their own application process. Keep track of college application costs.
- Review acceptances and soccer offers— then choose if you have not already the school of your choice
- Sign National Letter of Intent
- Fall Signing Day: November 9, 2022
- Winter Signing Day: February 1, 2023
- Spring Signing Day: May 3, 2023
- Coaches can contact you after July 1 between your junior and senior year
- Narrow your target school list to about 3-5 schools and continue talking to those coaches
- Schedule and complete official visits (at schools expense). Meet with the coach and the team and stay overnight if possible, see the team play. If an official visit is not possible look to do a drop in visit.
- Meet with Christian Hatzenbeler to discuss soccer development & range of college opportunities
- Keep coaches updated on your match schedule and achievements by sending them update communications and posting your match schedule and locations in FieldLevel and College Fit Finder
- Continue to train on the edge and compete at the highest level possible, Stay FIT!
- Once a decision is made, reach out to all the coaches that expressed interest in you and thank them for taking the time to recruit you
Update Player Profile on FieldLevel and College Fit Finder